Thursday, August 25, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Aaliyah

Taken too soon.
I write this post with sadness. Today marks the 10 year anniversary of the death of Aaliyah. It was tragic and depressing. She was so beautiful and was Brooklyn's finest (though raised in Detroit lol).

I remember the first time I heard "Are You That Somebody." I was at summer camp and these girls did a step routine with that beat (one of the toughest beats of all-time). I was like what is that and someone played the song to me. When I got home that joint was rocking all over the radio, it was crazy.

Aaliyah had so many cuts yo. She ruled #the90s man. It was tough to see here go when she did in the early 2000s ('01). I honestly feel like she was about to change the game for real. Unfortunately we won't know what could of been. Luckily we know what we had: Greatness. We love you and miss you baby girl.

Back And Forth


At Your Best (I prefer the slower version)


Age Ain't Nothing But A Number


Down With The Clique


The Thing I Like


If Your Girl Only Knew


Got To Give It Up


One In A Million


4 Page Letter


Hot Like Fire


The One I Give My Heart To


Journey To The Past


Are You That Somebody (Probably her most famous song/video)


I Don't Wanna (Not a video but my favorite Aaliyah song)


Try Again


Come Back In One Piece


We Need A Resolution


Rock The Boat (The final video shoot)


More Than A Woman


Miss You (I cry every time yo)

No comments: