Wednesday, August 25, 2010

#Draftaboutnothing

Last night was my first Fantasy Football draft of this season. I'm in 3 different leagues but #draftaboutnothing will be my favorite because all of my friends are in it. @Ham_n_Chedda, @KingOvNY85, @ThePuddingLied, @fivefifths, @TheSitublasian @_weapon_X_, @TheUNjealous, @Larry_Draper and @CapNRoh. There are some very creative team names, and because we all follow each other Gonna be a lot of shit talking... 

I was so amped all day yesterday waiting for 8pm to see my draft order, and for the draft to start at 9pm. I felt good when I found out that I was drafting 6th overall. I had my fantasy big board, my notes and my copy of the Sports Illustrated Fantasy Football issue in front of me, READY. Draft kicked off and it was time for business. I planned to take either Ray Rice or Peyton Manning in the 1st round, both were snatched up (Rice right before me). I settled on Frank Gore, risky because of his injury history but he is a horse and I think San Fran will get back to running more and get out of that shotgun. I passed on Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers, hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.

As the draft continued I saw a few of my sleeper picks get snatched up by my foes. Beanie Wells, Pierre Thomas, Justin Forsett, Felix Jones, Mike Wallace, Jermichael Finley, Ahmad Bradshaw just to name a few. At some point I found myself without a QB. I noticed everyone had there's so I was just going to relax and take Kevin Kolb (another one of my sleepers) and then he got snatched up. I wound up with Joe Flacco though so I think I'll be fine. At a different point I mistakenly took LeSean McCoy, (think I was trying to draft Kolb lol) but I after the draft I realized that he might be a good pickup #SleeperAlert. I also nabbed Ben "Big RapeRapistburger...I mean Roethlisberger in the 12th round which could turnout to be a steal after the suspension. All in all I like my team's chances.

I present to you
In The Endzone 2 Arms UP:
QB John Flacco
QB Ben Roesthlisberger
RB Frank Gore
RB Jonathon Stewart
RB LeSean McCoy
RB Jerome Harrison
RB Cadillac Williams
RB Tim Hightower
WR Randy Moss
WR Hines Ward
WR Hakeem Nicks
WR Derrick Mason
TE Vernon Davis
TE John Carlson
D/ST Steelers
K Jay Feely

#LehGo #OhLehDoIt #FTW #GetThisMoney

I'd enjoy this fantasy football game too:

No comments: