Monday, August 9, 2010

Are you ready for some football?

So a few things happened over the weekend that let me know that Football is almost back.

I got an email invitation to join a Fantasy Football league. I'm excited. Last year I won the championship game by 2 points. Looking forward to this fantasy season, the draft is on the 24th, I let you know what my team looks like.

In the College Football world USA Today dropped its preseason Top 25 Coaches Poll. Even though I hate preseason polls (near future post) they are a sign that the season is on the horizon, approximately 3 weeks away. Can't wait!

The National Football League, also known as the big boys lol, got under way. On Saturday the NFL Hall of Fame inducted perhaps the greatest class ever: Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Dick LeBeau (as a player), John Randle, Rickey Jackson, Floyd Little and Russ Grimm. #Respect. Special #Shoutout to Smith and Rice my frat brothers. #BluPhi! 

Then of course on Sunday the Preseason Schedule got under way with the Hall of Fame Game between the Bengals and the Cowboys. The Cowboys were victorious 16-7. The game also marked the beginning of the Chad Ochocinco-TO era, better known as the Batman and Robin era:




You see how reluctant Ochocinco was? Yea...we'll see how that works lol. Anyway I'm ready for some football, were close but not there. Can it hurry up and get here already?

No comments: