Friday, June 3, 2011

Bye Shaq

Shaquille O'Neill officially retired today, ending a great career as one of the most dominate players in NBA history. I've always loved Shaq because he was a beast, but mainly because he was so damn fun and funny. Some of my greatest Shaq memories have nothing to do with basketball at all. He was an actor, rapper, comedian and philanthropist. I'll miss him as a player for sure, but maybe moreso for all those other things he brought to the table.

There was Kazaam and Steel:


His great rap album Shaq Diesel:


Possibly the greatest dis track ever: "Kobe, Tell me how my ass taste"



"I'ma horse/Kobe ratted me out now I'm getting a divorce/he said Shaq gave a bitch a mil/I'on do that cuz my name Shaquille"

The many nicknames, The Big Aristotle being my favorite, but Shaqtus is a close second:





The kicks:


The many, many, great moments and quotes:








The good works he did as Shaq-A-Claus.


And of course the way he straight embarrassed people on the court:



I'm gonna miss you big fella, enjoy retirement man.

No comments: