Monday, May 23, 2011

Spirits

I've been known to have a drink every now and then (I'm @FullCupLover for a reason after all). You know how it goes: after work grab a brew with crew, have a glass of wine with dinner and of course Patron on ice with a lil bit of lime when in the club (#PatronLynnLogue). When I have to purchase liquor by the bottle and not from a bartender I do what most people do: go to a liquor store.

Sometimes its one with no name like this:


And other times its ones with Spirits in the name like this:


Why are they called spirits? This is something that has bothered me for a while. I've asked everyone I know including my mom (who #lowkey knows everything) and couldn't get an answer. I was pretty much set on giving up until today when I decided to Google it. Yea it took me a while to realized that the internet knows all lol.

And so here it is, courtesy of Wikipedia: The vapor given off and collected during an alchemical process (as with distillation of alcohol) was called a spirit of the original material.

Makes sense. Now that I know my spirit will be able to rest in peace.

1 comment:

GMack said...

Was this inspired by the story I told you about my uncle being asked to "Go to the store and get some spirits?"lol