Thursday, February 2, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Say It Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud

Going further back than #the90s this month. I'll be posting things from Black History since it is Black History Month and all. Today were going back to #the60s

No better way to start than with James Brown's anthem celebrating our race. This is a video of him performing it on Soul Train, the iconic show created by Don Cornelius. That show helped promote black culture into the mainstream. Yesterday, Don Cornelius died, apparently he shot himself. Don't feel like that's true and I hope we find out if something else happened.

Don Cornelius is a great person in our history for his promotion of our race. Thanks Don and may you rest in peace.

This song by James Brown let everyone know that we were proud to be black and we were going to let everyone know it.Thanks godfather, may you also rest in peace.


He shouted out Don too.

"I'M BLACK AND I'M PROUD!"

No comments: