Thursday, May 6, 2010

What I learned in Atlanta 4/30-5/3

1) I'm still a Flip Cup bawse

At my boy's bday shindig Friday night I jumped on the flip cup table and did my thing. I'm talking bout first flip everything. I even overcame my anxiety of starting the match off, I'm usually the one closing it out. All in all I reeled of 8 wins...killing the competition. In the process of re-affirming my flip cup supremacy I also re-learned:

2) Don't drink the red punch served in the red cup...

Everyone knows that the red punch from the red cup is lethal. It taste so good you just keep drinking it. Eventually it creeps up on you and fucks you up. I'm normally play flip cup wit brews, this time I didn't. And as you read 8 games...so we talking at least 5 full cups (they don't call me full cup lover for nothing). Add that to the 2 shots of patreezy, 4 brews and the 4 loko (which I shared) and it all equals #TheSuperDrunkJealous

3) Don't get caught slippin round a camera

Courtesy of @LePong-James who twitpic and wrote: #ifmytweetnamewas @fullcuplover I wound change it to @trashcanlover

















4) Jason Heyward is the truth

I went to the Braves on Sat 5/1 to see what this 20 year old phenom was about. He didn't disappoint. The youngster went 2-3 with an RBI on his 7th HR of the season (3rd in as many games). What was impressive about the kid was his patience. He had a walk in the game and routinely worked counts, only swinging at pitches he knew he could handle. His HR went to left center, very impressive for a left handed hitter. No wonder everyone had on Heyward T-shirts at the stadium...

5) Money has to much Money

Floyd "Money" Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers ever. His undefeated record speaks for itself. His greatness in the ring has helped him become one of the richest people in the world. He's too rich though. I came to this conclusion bc of 3 things.
First: In almost every scene of 24/7 Floyd is seen pulling out ridiculous stacks of hundred dollar bills out of a book bag.
Second: He wore Prada Roller skates on his date with Chili (I finally watch the show while in Atl).

Third: Saturday night. Instead of coming out to a recording of "For the Love of Money," the great O'Jays anthem, he had the O'Jays perform it live. And don't forget he wore a Mink and Gator ensemble.








6) Black Dynamite is a funny ass movie

If you have not seen this joint, find a way. It was so damn funny. Peep this clip:

Here are some of my favorite lines from the movie:

"Shhhh...Mommas... you gonna wake up the rest of the bitches."

"Bullhorn, can I get you anything?" "Yes, I would like a piece of that ass"

"Hey man, you sent her in here with them titties, what did you expect?"

7) There is nothing like Great Friends

When I started school I was looking to make life-long friends. My trip to Atlanta was a reminder of the great friends that I made during my time in school. I greeted my friends (guy and girl alike) with a great big hug. I hadn't talked to some of them in a long time but picked up conversation like nothing happened. We laughed, joked and argued about sports like we were still in college. When I needed a serious word they were there to deliver life altering conversations. Words can't really express the love and appreciation that I have for my friends. Thank you, you made my trip worthwhile, and continue to make my life worthwhile. Love you all.

No comments: